70, HEWORTH VILLAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257644

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1983

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Mar-1997

Statutory Address: 70, HEWORTH VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 70, HEWORTH VILLAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257644 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 12:21:40.

Location

Statutory Address: 70, HEWORTH VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 62053 52691

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE65SW HEWORTH VILLAGE, Heworth 1112-1/2/1234 (South side) 24/06/83 No.70 (Formerly Listed as: HEWORTH, Heworth No.70)

II

Inn; now house. Mid C18; converted to inn with attached cottage probably in early C19; altered c1900; modernised and extended c1930; remodelled and converted to domestic use 1975. Front and left return whitewashed and pebble-dashed; rear of C20 brick; timber doorcase and eaves cornice: pantile roof with one brick and one rendered stack. EXTERIOR: 2-storey 5-bay front, bays to the right strengthened by rendered tie rod clamps. Central doorcase is pilastered with dentilled and modillioned cornice and glazed and panelled door. In right of centre bay, windows on both floors are tripartite with unequal 20-pane centre sashes. All other windows are unequal 20-pane sashes and all have painted sills. Dentilled and modillioned eaves cornice. Raised first floor band across the three centre bays. Phoenix firemark is fixed above door. INTERIOR: not inspected. In 1810 the inn was known as The King's Head; from c1840 until transfer of the licence c1965 it was The Britannia.

Listing NGR: SE6205352691

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 463616

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing