RAILWAY BRIDGE WEST OF CHESHIRE CHEESE PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257696

Date first listed: 12-Mar-1997

Statutory Address: RAILWAY BRIDGE WEST OF CHESHIRE CHEESE PUBLIC HOUSE, DOSELEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RAILWAY BRIDGE WEST OF CHESHIRE CHEESE PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257696 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 10:13:46.

Location

Statutory Address: RAILWAY BRIDGE WEST OF CHESHIRE CHEESE PUBLIC HOUSE, DOSELEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Dawley Hamlets

National Grid Reference: SJ 67837 06702

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 60 NE DOSELEY ROAD, Doseley 1126/31/10023 Railway Bridge west of Cheshire Cheese public house

II

Railway bridge. Circa 1858, for the Wellington and Severn Junction Railway. Yellow stock brick with stone dressings; repaired in blue engineering bricks. Single segmental arch on stone imposts, flanked by slightly battered brick piers and abutment wings on curved splays with small terminal piers; the stone parapet coping is carried down over the abutment wings. The arch on the west side has been rebuilt in blue engineering bricks. The bridge cuts through the railway embankment. The Wellington and Severn Junction Railway was authorised in 1853. A short single-track line from the main line to Horsehay was opened in 1857 and extended as far as Lightmoor in 1859. Although the Company was leased by GWR, initially most of the goods traffic was run by the Coalbrookdale Company.



Listing NGR: SJ6783706702

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 463551

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing