This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1257866



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: High Peak

District Type: District Authority


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Jan-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 463379

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SK07SE THE FRONT, Fairfield 616-1/2/102 (South side) 25/01/51 Yhelt Cottage


Formerly known as: Golf Cottage THE FRONT Fairfield. House. c1600 restored and altered C20. Uncoursed limestone rubble with gritstone dressings stone slate roof with stone stacks. L-plan with later gabled cross wing. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Quoins and chamfered mullion windows with hoodmoulds throughout. South front has 3 windows arranged 1:3, with projecting gabled cross wing to left. Cross wing has 4-light window to each floor. Set back to right off-centre doorway in ashlar surround with segment headed fixed light to left and 5-light window beyond, to right 3-light window. To right 2-light casement in single-storey lean-to addition. North front has off-centre gabled porch with triangular headed doorway and plank door, to left 2-light window and to right 2-light and 3-light windows. Above single 3-light through eaves gabled dormer window. Left return has 3-light window on first floor. Right return has 3-light window and above linked single and 2-light windows. INTERIOR: has had stairs moved from original position and cross passage wall removed. Main bridging beams chamfered and stopped. 2 early stone fireplaces survive, both with mantels on corbels, one with projecting shelves to mid jamb, that to left of original main entrance has been moved. Reputed to contain stained glass from original Fairfield Church. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Derbyshire: Harmondsworth: 1953-1986: 214).

Listing NGR: SK0703774105

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Derbyshire, (1953), 214

National Grid Reference: SK 07037 74105


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257866 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 08:20:06.

End of official listing