HORSTED KEYNES RAILWAY STATION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1257915

Date first listed: 27-Feb-1997

Statutory Address: HORSTED KEYNES RAILWAY STATION, STATION APPROACH

Map

Ordnance survey map of HORSTED KEYNES RAILWAY STATION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257915 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 12:32:48.

Location

Statutory Address: HORSTED KEYNES RAILWAY STATION, STATION APPROACH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: West Sussex

District: Mid Sussex (District Authority)

Parish: Horsted Keynes

National Grid Reference: TQ 37170 29238

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 32 NE HORSTED KEYNES STATION APPROACH

1144/12/10033 Horsted Keynes Railway Station

GV II

Railway station. Built in 1882 for the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway, architect T W Myres. Part brick, part timberframing later covered with bands of plain and curved tiles, tiled roofs with moulded chimneystacks and some tinted glass to windows. Booking Hall to south is of one storey in brick with coved eaves with patterns of pot plants in stucco, hipped tiled roof and brick chimneystack. Four sash windows and projecting gabled wooden porch on moulded brick plinth with timberframed pattern and double doors with tinted glass. Interior unaltered, including fireplace and booking windows. To the north is the attached stationmaster's house. This is of one storey to two storeys with brick ground floor and tilehung first floor. Tiled roof with three clustered brick chimneystacks. Projecting gable to front and back. Front gable has oriel window and four-light mullioned and transomed casement to ground floor. Painted brick underground passage links station building with platforms. Platforms 1 and 2/3 retain columned canopies with waiting rooms and kiosks. The structure on platform 4/5 was demolished early this century and is currently being rebuilt with columns from Hassocks and Havant. This station is now part of the Bluebell Railway.

Listing NGR: TQ3717029238

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 463310

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing