15, DAVYGATE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1257916
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1997
Statutory Address:
15, DAVYGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 15, DAVYGATE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257916.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 16:28:24.

Location

Statutory Address:
15, DAVYGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 60268 51920

Details

YORK

SE6051NW DAVYGATE 1112-1/28/285 (North East side) No.15

GV II

Cafe-ballroom; later Martin's Bank; now shop. 1898; remodelled as the Tudor Cafe 1927; converted to bank 1957; shop from 1981. Red-brown brick in English bond, with timber shopfront, windows and cornice; pantile roof with brick coped gables and left end brick stack; 5-light flat-topped dormer to attic. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys and attic; 3-bay front. Shopfront of sunk panel pilasters, frieze and flat cornice framing small-pane double doors in architrave with cornice, flanked by plate glass canted bay windows with band of square latticed top lights, continued over door as overlight. First and second floor windows rise through both storeys as 5-light canted bays beneath oversailing flat cornice; first floor windows over sunk panelling have moulded mullions and transoms: second floor windows are mullioned, over linenfold panels. Windows are square latticed casements. At each end of the cornice are rainwater goods with embattled rectangular hoppers dated 1927. INTERIOR: not inspected.



Listing NGR: SE6026851920

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
463311
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04021/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Martin Roberts. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].