This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1257956



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: York

District Type: Unitary Authority


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 463264

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SE6051NW CONEY STREET 1112-1/28/267 (North East side) 24/06/83 No.48 Boots The Chemist


Shop. Dated 1907, with late C20 alteration and shopfront. By MV Treleaven. For Boots, Chemists. Half-timbered and plastered front; barge-boarded gables to slate roof. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys and attic; 2-bay front: second and attic floors jettied, attic jetty on corbelheads. Renewed shopfront on ground floor. First floor has two 5-light mullioned and transomed windows beneath continuous moulded string with carved badges and horned masks. On second floor, 5-light mullioned windows project over coved pargeted jetties with vine trail and grape decoration. Attic to left has 2-light casement window over embattled tie beam; attic to right has 5-light window beneath embattled tie enriched with foliate carving. All windows have diamond leaded lights, some with heraldic panels of coloured glass. Moulded plaster medallions and heraldic shields incorporate the date, the arms of the City of York and the Keys of St Peter. 'BOOTS' sign and octagonal clock suspended from ornate angular bracket on second floor. INTERIOR: not inspected

Listing NGR: SE6027851791

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 60278 51791


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1257956 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 10:14:05.

End of official listing