25 AND 26, COLLIERGATE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1258015

Date first listed: 14-Jun-1954

Statutory Address: 25 AND 26, COLLIERGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 25 AND 26, COLLIERGATE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258015 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 18:52:58.

Location

Statutory Address: 25 AND 26, COLLIERGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: York (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 60493 51915

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

YORK

SE6051NW COLLIERGATE 1112-1/28/239 (North East side) 14/06/54 Nos.25 AND 26

GV II

Probably three houses; now one shop. Mid C18; late C19 alteration to No.25; early C20 shopfront. Orange-brown brick in Flemish bond with dentil and modillion timber eaves cornice; slate roof to No.25, pantile to No.26, with brick stack. EXTERIOR: each house has flat dormer with 2-light window. 3 storeys and attic; 7-window front. Shopfront extends from No.24 (qv): carriage entrance at left end with board folding doors. No.25 has two 1-pane sashes with painted stone sills and segmental arches of orange brick on first and second floors. No.26 has 12-pane sash windows, those on second floor squat, with painted stone sills and flat arches of rubbed brick. Two inverted bell rainwater heads dated 1768. INTERIOR: not inspected. (City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 121).

Listing NGR: SE6049351915

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 463198

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of the City of York V Central, (1981), 121

End of official listing