OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1258114

Date first listed: 20-May-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY, CHURCH HILL, WALLASEY

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258114 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 15:23:42.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY, CHURCH HILL, WALLASEY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wirral (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 29577 92098

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/01/2015

SJ 29 SE 2/42

WALLASEY,

CHURCH HILL (north side), Wallasey, Old Rectory

(Formerly listed as Wallasey Rectory)

20.5.52

G.V. II

House. 1632 built by Dr Snell, with C20 extension to the rear. Stone, the C20 part roughcast. Roof missing at time of resurvey in late 1980s, but was replaced at a later date. 2 storeys with attic, 2 bays. Ground floor has 3-light ovolo-mullioned windows. 1st floor has 3-light hollow-chamfered-mullioned windows with label moulds. 2nd bay has gabled 2-light hollow-chamfered dormer. Central entrance has recessed cambered head. Left return has basement and 2 drip moulds; 3-light window to ground floor, 1st floor and attic. Right return has 2-light ground floor window with lintel of original window on edge. Interior gutted. 1st floor has 2 fireplaces with Tudor heads, that to left inscribed "1685/DOMINUM/GEORG:SNELL/FIERI:FECIT". 2 stacks to rear, between original house and C20 extension.

Listing NGR: SJ2928992966

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 443664

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ashby Pritt, WC, 'An account of Wallasey, based on that of Mr. Henry Robinson, Schoolmaster there, 1720; with Notes on the Parish, and Extracts from the Registers' in Transactions of the Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire, , Vol. 43, (1893), 1-62

End of official listing