LOWER BIDDACOTT FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1258233
Date first listed:
08-Jan-1988
Statutory Address:
LOWER BIDDACOTT FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER BIDDACOTT FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258233 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 10:08:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
LOWER BIDDACOTT FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Chittlehampton
National Grid Reference:
SS 62822 25618

Details

CHITTLEHAMPTON SS 62 NW Lower Bidacott Farmhouse

1/111 - - II

Farmhouse. Dated 1878. Unrendered stone rubble with brick dressings. Hipped slate roof with large axial brick stack and at right gable end. Overall F-shaped plan, with 3 rooms in line, the 2 right-hand rooms flanking the stairhall, with 2 gable ended 2-storey service wings to rear of the 2 left-hand rooms. 2 storeys. 4-window range. Right-hand side attempts symmetry with three 16-paned horned sashes above 2 similar sashes flanking brick and stone rubble porch with gabled slate roof with shaped bargeboards. Datestone to gable M.R.1878. C19 plank inner door with overlight. All openings have cambered brick lintels and quoins, those to porch doorway are chamfered. Twin 12-paned sashes at left end over tripartite 12-paned sash with 4-paned sliding sidelight sashes. Lower Biddacott Farmhouse is one of a group of late C19 Rolle estate farmhouses in the area, the majority of which were built between 1878-1882.

Listing NGR: SS6282225618

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
444513
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Mar 2004
Reference: IOE01/11047/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Ann Allen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].