BOTTLE LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1258276
Date first listed:
17-Mar-1953
Statutory Address:
BOTTLE LODGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOTTLE LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258276 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 11:49:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
BOTTLE LODGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
Stafford (District Authority)
Parish:
Tixall
National Grid Reference:
SJ 98411 23142

Details

In the entry for:

TIXALL - SJ 92 SE 19/5 Bottle Lodge 17.3.53 II The entry shall be amended to read:

SJ 92 SE TIXALL - 603-0/19/5 Bottle Lodge 17/03/53 GV II

Lodge. Dated 1807. Ashlar; brick internal walls. Ashlar ogee vaulted roofwith polygonal ashlar stack at apex with cornice. Small single-cell octagonal-on-plan building. Moulded stone cornice. Moulded doorway on the south west side with Tudor arch with sunken spandrels. Above the doorway and flanking the doorway on the adjacent sides are 2-light stone mullion windows. Two smaller windows at the rear. INTERIOR: Brick-lined walls up to the eaves; the dome is entirely stone and is inscribed with the date 1807. There is a fireplace inside.

------------------------------------

TIXALL 1. 2385 SJ 92 SE 19/5 17.3.53. Bottle Lodge II

2. A curious octagonal structure in ashlar with ogee stone vaulted roof. Central stone stack; moulded stone eaves; stone mullioned windows; cambered stone doorway. The fireplace is a later insertion and the chimney was originally a finial. Probably early C17.



Listing NGR: SJ9841123143

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
444430
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 May 2005
Reference: IOE01/12705/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Geoffrey R Hood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].