51, NEW CANAL, 49, NEW CANAL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1258309
Date first listed:
28-Feb-1952
Statutory Address:
49, NEW CANAL
Statutory Address:
51, NEW CANAL

Map

Ordnance survey map of 51, NEW CANAL, 49, NEW CANAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258309.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2019 at 16:35:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
49, NEW CANAL
Statutory Address:
51, NEW CANAL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Salisbury
National Grid Reference:
SU 14351 29880

Details

NEW CANAL 1. 1594 (South Side) 28.2.52. No 49 - No 51 SU 1429 NW 3/91

1I* GV 2. The left hand part of front (No 49) is entirely modern but to right re-erected C14/C15 gabled timber framed lst floor with unique original barge-boards. Exposed timber frame with scissor bracing, tie beam and collar, roof structure survives. Modern shop front ground floor but posts with brackets survive supporting lst floor. Restored.

Nos 45 to 51 (odd) form a group.

Listing NGR: SU1435129880

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
444755
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10300/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Brenda Innes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected]and.org.uk.