THE OLD HOUSE RESTAURANT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1258372
Date first listed:
28-Feb-1952
Statutory Address:
THE OLD HOUSE RESTAURANT, 47 AND 49, NEW STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD HOUSE RESTAURANT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258372.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2019 at 10:12:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD HOUSE RESTAURANT, 47 AND 49, NEW STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Salisbury
National Grid Reference:
SU 14362 29778

Details

NEW STREET 1. 1594 (South Side) Nos 47 and 49 (The Old House Restaurant) SU 1429 NW 3/107 28.2.52. II GV 2. 2 gabled front dated 1569 on rainwater pipe but left gable earlier. 2 storeys and attic. Left gabled bay random rubble and brick. Right hand formerly exposed timber frame with plaster infilling, now tile hung. One 2 light attic casement in each gable. 2 3-light wood mullioned and transomed windows with moulded cornice over and small 2 light casement between on first floor. 2 similar 3-light windows on ground floor also with moulded frames and with shallow bracketed hoods. All windows have modern leaded casements. Central wide door of 6 fielded panels. Squat proportions, early C18, flanking Doric pilasters, moulded entablature and pediment. Secondary early Cl9 door 6 flush panels in reeded architrave with corner blocks and small flat hood. Interior has beams and securing wall plate. Roof structure sealed in but position of principals and purlins apparent. South east room first floor has open roof 2 bays collar, tie beam trusses.

Nos 21 to 49 (odd), the School of Arts and Crafts, Nos 61, 63 and Nos 67 to 75 (odd) form a group.



Listing NGR: SU1436529775

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
444878
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/08119/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Ruth Povey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].