PAIR OF MONUMENTS TOWARDS CENTRE OF DISUSED CHURCHYARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1258703

Date first listed: 03-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: PAIR OF MONUMENTS TOWARDS CENTRE OF DISUSED CHURCHYARD, THE PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF MONUMENTS TOWARDS CENTRE OF DISUSED CHURCHYARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258703 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 01:42:18.

Location

Statutory Address: PAIR OF MONUMENTS TOWARDS CENTRE OF DISUSED CHURCHYARD, THE PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Erlestoke

National Grid Reference: ST 96608 54042

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 96 53 ERLESTOKE THE PARK

15/103 Pair of monuments towards centre of disused churchyard

II

Two chest tombs, C18, ashlar: from west: a) Delme memorial, mid C18, with 2 broad shield plaques each side, moulded base and cornice with pulvinated frieze. b) Unidentified memorial, mid C18, with 2 raised octagonal plaques each side, fielded panelled piers to angle and centre with centre rosettes, moulded base and cornice with pulvinated frieze broken forward over piers. Decipherable date of 1779. Tombs are in the churchyard of former Church of St James, demolished 1880.

Listing NGR: ST9660854042

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 445522

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing