This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH HOUSE (PLAYSCHOOL)

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH HOUSE (PLAYSCHOOL)

List entry Number: 1258810

Location

CHURCH HOUSE (PLAYSCHOOL), EAST STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Rushcliffe

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Bingham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Nov-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 241754

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BINGHAM EAST STREET SK 7039 (south side) 12/9 Church House (Playschool)

G.V. II

Church school and teacher's house. Now a playschool. 1845. By Scott and Moffatt for Canon Miles. Gothic Revival style. Brick with gabled plain and patterned tile roofs. Chamfered plinth, diaper work, chamfered eaves, coped gables with kneelers, terracotta finials and crosses. Ashlar dressings. 2 side wall, single ridge and single external gable stacks with shoulders and relief patterned octagonal stalks. Single and 2 storeys, 4 bays. Irregular L-plan. Windows are transomed lancets with hood moulds. North front has off-centre gabled wing with porch in each return angle. To left, 2 buttresses and 2 lancets. To right, gabled porch with diagonal buttress and four centred arched door. Above, shield inscribed 'AD 1845'. East side has 2 small lancets. To its right, quadruple lancet with single lancet above. To right again, porch with four centred arched door and above, shield inscribed 'Church Schools'. To its right, triple lancet. Above, cross-eaves gabled dormer with double lancets. West front has to left, buttress flanked by single lancets and crosslet in porch. To right, single lancet. South side has off- centre gabled wing flanked to left by late C19 lean-to addition, and to right, 2 C20 flat roofed additions. To left, C20 casement and door. To its right small gabled outbuilding with 3 C20 casements. Above, to left, 2 cross-eaves gabled dormers with single windows. To right, single lancet. East front has to left, 2 lancets. East gable has triple lancet and above, single lancet. Interior has four centred arched doors.

Listing NGR: SK7079039906

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 70790 39906

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258810 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2018 at 07:14:56.

End of official listing