26A AND 26, ST ANN STREET, 22, ST ANN STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1258815

Date first listed: 28-Feb-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Jan-1977

Statutory Address: 22, ST ANN STREET

Statutory Address: 26A AND 26, ST ANN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 26A AND 26, ST ANN STREET, 22, ST ANN STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258815 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 14:36:19.

Location

Statutory Address: 22, ST ANN STREET

Statutory Address: 26A AND 26, ST ANN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Salisbury

National Grid Reference: SU 14678 29620

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST ANNE'S STREET 1. 1594 (South Side) 28.2.52. No 22 - Nos 26A & 26 SU 1429 NE 4/164 II+ GV 2. C15 origin and C16/C17 altered in the C18. 2 storey and attic, Mathematical tile front with moulded and bracketed eaves cornice and old tile roof. 6 windows and central angular bay window, all with architrave frames on 1st floor. 3 bay central doorway on ground floor with 6-panel door, and sides of 3 panels each, divided and framed with panelled pilasters, scroll brackets and small cornice fitting under bay window. Formerly 3 windows each side of door, now 2 on right hand a 6-panel secondary door, and one on left hand with garage and secondary door. 2 C19 dormers with bargeboards to gables. Courtyard to rear enclosed by wings. The elevation of west wing to The Friary qv 2 storeys tile hung on timber frame with flint and brick former external chimneys now flush with wall, 3 flush framed sashes. The ground floor is screened by length of old flint walling, reputed to be remains of Greyfriars convent. Inner front of wing to courtyard has studded timber framing. Rear elevation of street block tile hung and brick, 2 storeys early C19 and C18 sashes, coved cornice over brick part. Interiors: north street range has a 4 bay C17 roof purlins and principals. The hall roof is C15, former open hall, centre truss, arched braces to collar, springing from hammer beams with hammer posts. cross braces. Plaster ceiling circa 1630. East range to courtyard has roof of 4 trusses, collars, 2 Queen stunts, clasped purlins and windbraces. West range roof Cl5, clasped purlins, cambered collar, windbraces, one open truss with hammerbeams. 2 4 centred arched stone fireplaces. To rear of No 26 good C16/Cl7 staircase with giant shaped newels rising to ceiling.

Nos 22, 26 & 26A form a group with Friary Court and Craddock House, The Friary.

Listing NGR: SU1467829620

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 445712

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing