GROUP OF 2 PAIRS OF GRAVESTONES AND ONE HEADSTONE TO BEER FAMILY CIRCA 5 METRES EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1258834
Date first listed:
08-Jan-1988
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 2 PAIRS OF GRAVESTONES AND ONE HEADSTONE TO BEER FAMILY CIRCA 5 METRES EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 2 PAIRS OF GRAVESTONES AND ONE HEADSTONE TO BEER FAMILY CIRCA 5 METRES EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258834 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 07:42:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 2 PAIRS OF GRAVESTONES AND ONE HEADSTONE TO BEER FAMILY CIRCA 5 METRES EAST OF SOUTH EAST CORNER OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Satterleigh and Warkleigh
National Grid Reference:
SS 64252 22776

Details

SS 62 SW SATTERLEIGH WARKLEIGH AND WARKLEIGH 3/202 Group og 2 pairs of gravestones and one headstone to Beer family - circa 5 metres east of south-east corner of Church of St.John GV II 2 pairs of gravestones and one headstone C18 amd early C19. Headstone with shaped head and inscription to George Beer (d. 1775) with verse. Head and footstone, slate, with inscription to William Beer who 'died by a fall from a horse' 1808. Shaped heads to footstone with long verse. Twin headstone with footstone, both slate, straight-headed with incised twin semi-circular arches with inscription to left side to William Beer (d. 1817), and verse to footstone.

Listing NGR: SS6425222776

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
445605
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Apr 2001
Reference: IOE01/02875/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Ann Allen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].