This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

EAST BOUNDARY WALL AND GATEWAY ABOUT 15 METRES EAST OF EYEWELL HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: EAST BOUNDARY WALL AND GATEWAY ABOUT 15 METRES EAST OF EYEWELL HOUSE

List entry Number: 1258884

Location

EAST BOUNDARY WALL AND GATEWAY ABOUT 15 METRES EAST OF EYEWELL HOUSE, TRAITS LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Queen Camel

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 06-Mar-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 445794

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

QUEEN CAMEL CP TRAITS LANE (West side) ST52NE EYEWELL 3/130 East boundary wall and gateway, about 15 m east of Eyewell House - GV II Boundary wall and gateway to Eyewell House. 1924-1925 by Sir E Guy Dawber. Local lias stone cut and squared, Ham stone dressings. About 80 m length in total: stepped boundary wall of between 1.75 and 2.75 metres high, with curved sweeps to each step, the top marked by square stones set on edge; convex curve returns to gateway, which has lengths of timber fence set on low stone walls with Ham stone copings connecting to plain square gate-piers with flat Ham stone caps having ball finials. Wrot-iron gates probably of later date. Three metres north-west of gateway a well with stone enclosure lead pump and spout, on which is cast "H H 1808", but this is not the Eyewell (qv). An important part of the original design adding to the setting of Eyewell House (qv).

Listing NGR: ST5876825295

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 58768 25295

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258884 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2018 at 10:37:57.

End of official listing