GLASS MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 2 METRES NORTH OF DOLE STONE, NORTH WEST OF NORTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1258971

Date first listed: 03-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: GLASS MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 2 METRES NORTH OF DOLE STONE, NORTH WEST OF NORTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GLASS MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 2 METRES NORTH OF DOLE STONE, NORTH WEST OF NORTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1258971 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 09:35:42.

Location

Statutory Address: GLASS MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD ABOUT 2 METRES NORTH OF DOLE STONE, NORTH WEST OF NORTH PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Potterne

National Grid Reference: ST 99534 58562

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 9958 POTTERNE HIGH STREET (east side)

14/146 Glass monument in churchyard about 2m north of Dole Stone, north-west of north porch of Church of St Mary

GV II

Chest tomb, mid C18, ashlar with 2 shield plaques each side, fielded panelled centre and angle piers, shield end plaques and moulded base and cornice with pulvinated frieze broken forward over piers. Angles have been rounded subsequently. North side inscriptions to Elizabeth Glass d.1798 and Robert Glass d.1808.

Listing NGR: ST9953458562

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 445964

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing