This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PICKMOSS INCLUDING FORMER NO 67 (PICKMOSS COTTAGE)

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PICKMOSS INCLUDING FORMER NO 67 (PICKMOSS COTTAGE)

List entry Number: 1259016

Location

PICKMOSS INCLUDING FORMER NO 67 (PICKMOSS COTTAGE), 69, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Sevenoaks

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Otford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 10-Sep-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Jan-1975

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 446082

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OTFORD OTFORD 1. 5280 High street (South Side) No 69 (Pickmoss) (includes the former No 67 "Pickmoss Cottage") (Formerly listed as Pickmoss) TQ 5259 21/780 10.9.54. II* 2. Now all one dwelling. Earlier right part of late Cl6. 2 storeys, 3 windows. High pitched tiled roof has ridge stack with rebated angles. Close-studded, continuous Jettied lst floor on exposed Joists. Plaster filling. On right return is rendered oversailing gable end. Restored oriel windows with mullions and transoms on 1st floor. Ground floor restored close studding and mullioned windows. Door of old panelling. Coursed rubble foundation. Left part, a timber framed cottage of circa 1700, subsequently brick faced, has had front completely restored in old oak to imitate the close-studded plaster-filled front of the main house. This part 2 storeys and attic, 2 windows. Tiled roof hipped at left. Mullioned windows with leaded casements, including a large window with 3 rows of gothic-arched lights. Studded oak doors.

Listing NGR: TQ5241159338

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 52411 59338

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1259016 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 10:26:53.

End of official listing