13, ST JOHNS STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1259034

Date first listed: 28-Feb-1952

Statutory Address: 13, ST JOHNS STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 13, ST JOHNS STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1259034 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 20:24:21.

Location

Statutory Address: 13, ST JOHNS STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Salisbury

National Grid Reference: SU 14574 29649

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST JOHN'S STREET 1. 1594 (East Side) No 13 SU 1429 NE 4/135 28.2.52. II GV 2. Early Cl9. 2 storeys ashlar. Bath stone. Plinth. Plain frieze, moulded cornice and blocking course. Low pitch hipped slate roof. Central tripartite sash window 1st floor, glazing bars intact, pilasters flanking and dividing, breaking through sill, in slight, rectangular, recess. Ground floor has central portico of 2 fluted Greek Doric columns and pilasters to wall carrying entablature with triglyph frieze, the entablature with plain frieze continued across front with flanking pilasters all framing pair of large marginal glazed windows on moulded sills with panels under and double doors to centre also marginal glazed with flush bottom panels. The building was the former workshop and office of Osmond, the mason whom Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin used to employ.

Nos 1 to 13 (odd) form a very important group.

Listing NGR: SU1457729652

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 446132

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing