WAINSTALLS WESLEYAN REFORMED CHURCH WITH INTERGRAL SUNDAY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1259142

Date first listed: 29-Apr-1982

Statutory Address: WAINSTALLS WESLEYAN REFORMED CHURCH WITH INTERGRAL SUNDAY SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of WAINSTALLS WESLEYAN REFORMED CHURCH WITH INTERGRAL SUNDAY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1259142 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 13:44:31.

Location

Statutory Address: WAINSTALLS WESLEYAN REFORMED CHURCH WITH INTERGRAL SUNDAY SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Calderdale (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 04713 28269

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. WAINSTALLS 5112 Wainstalls Wesleyan Reformed Church with Integral Sunday School

SE 02 NW 3/420

II GV 2. 1857 single storey pediment-gabled rural chapel of dressed sandstone "brick". Coved eaves cornice carried across to define gable. 3 bay front with 2 Venetian windows, squared jambs and surrounds? flanking plain ashlar framed doorway with cornice and plaque over inscribed "Mount Pleasant Wesleyan Reformed Chapel, built by subscription 1857". 4 bay side elevations, ashlar lintel windows marginal glazed with coloured and frosted glass. Gable ends coped with stone slate roof. Sunday School built onto the west side: plain sandstone "brick" hall. Chapel interior has box pews radially focused on pulpit, organ behind, all of 1857.

Listing NGR: SE0471328269

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 446343

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing