SOUTH EAST GATEWAY AND SOUTH BOUNDARY WALL TO CHURCHYARD, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1259147

Date first listed: 06-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: SOUTH EAST GATEWAY AND SOUTH BOUNDARY WALL TO CHURCHYARD, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of SOUTH EAST GATEWAY AND SOUTH BOUNDARY WALL TO CHURCHYARD, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1259147 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 04:00:58.

Location

Statutory Address: SOUTH EAST GATEWAY AND SOUTH BOUNDARY WALL TO CHURCHYARD, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: South Cadbury

National Grid Reference: ST 62456 24785

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOUTH CADBURY CHURCH HILL (West side) ST62SW SUTTON MONTIS 7/150 South-east gateway and south boundary wall to churchyard, Church of the Holy trinity - GV II Gateway and boundary wall. C19 and 1902. Local lias and Doulting stone, with wrot-ironwork. Square lias stone ashlar gatepiers on moulded plinths, with moulded Doulting stone caps with pyramid tops; wrot-iron overthrow with scrollwork and central lantern; pair gates with barbed spikes, fleurs-de-lys and vine ornament; to left of gateway a stone stile with steps; steps also up to gateway: south boundary wall averages 1.5 m high - cut and squared work with shaped coping. Gateway remodelled and light added to commemorate Coronation of Edward VII, August 9, 1902, according to plaque on left gatepier. The whole makes significant contribution to setting of The Church of the Holy Trinity (qv).

Listing NGR: ST6245824782

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 445813

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing