CHURCHYARD WALL, RAILINGS AND GATE TO CHURCH OF ST PHILIP AND ST JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1259230
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1997
Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD WALL, RAILINGS AND GATE TO CHURCH OF ST PHILIP AND ST JAMES, CLIFTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCHYARD WALL, RAILINGS AND GATE TO CHURCH OF ST PHILIP AND ST JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1259230.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 04:12:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD WALL, RAILINGS AND GATE TO CHURCH OF ST PHILIP AND ST JAMES, CLIFTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
York (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 59284 53107

Details

YORK

SE5953SW CLIFTON 1112-1/5/203 (North East side) Churchyard wall, railings and gate to Church of St Philip and St James

GV II

Wall, railings and gates approximately 30 metres long and forming the south-west boundary of the churchyard of St Philip and St James. 1867. By George Fowler Jones. Wall and piers of squared rubble stone; railings and gates of cast-iron. Wall is approximately 1.5 metres high with sloped coping. Piers on square on plan with truncated pyramidal caps. Horizontal railings are square in section with serrated upper edge and set diagonally between chamfered square section standards with pyramidal finials. Gates are of cross-braced horizontal rails with serrated top rail and wrought-iron leaf finials. Included for group value as an integral part of the Church of St Philip and St James.



Listing NGR: SE5928453107

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
463118
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Apr 2006
Reference: IOE01/15192/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H. Garbutt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].