35-39, MILFORD STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1259756
Date first listed:
12-Oct-1972
Statutory Address:
35-39, MILFORD STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 35-39, MILFORD STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1259756 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 01:41:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
35-39, MILFORD STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Salisbury
National Grid Reference:
SU 14691 29948

Details

MILFORD STREET 1. 1594 (North Side) Nos 35 to 39 (odd) SU 1429 NE 4/534 II GV 2. C16 or possibly C17 origin. Recased early Cl9. 2 storeys. No 35 is of one bay only tile hung 1st floor, sash window. Modern shop on ground floor. Nos 37 and 39 have a grey brick front, brick cornice with header dentils, parapet with coping. 5 recessed sashes lst floor, glazing bars intact. Ground floor has small modern shop fronts carried up to band between storeys. Return front to Pennyfarthing Street qv. painted brick, irregularly spaced 2 flush framed sashes on lst floor. 2 sashes on ground floor, one large and flush framed, glazing bars intact. 4 panel door in architrave with plain pilaster surround and moulded cornice. Plain secondary door to right.

Nos 19A to 39 (odd) form a group.

Listing NGR: SU1469429952

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
444217
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/03383/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Harvey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].