CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1262409
Date first listed:
14-Sep-1966
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1262409.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2020 at 18:27:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Mareham on the Hill
National Grid Reference:
TF 28815 67874

Details

TF 26 NE MAREHAM ON THE HILL CHURCH LANE (north side)

4/127 Church of All Saints 14.9.66 II*

Parish church. C15, restored 1780 and remodelled 1804, C20. Green sandstone rubble blocks, limestone ashlar, some red brick, some render, some colourwash. Slate roof with bargeboards and west rectangular bell turret with ogee lead covered cupola and weathervane. Nave with west bell turret, chancel in one. West front with 2 large lean-to buttresses flanking west doorwaywith semi-circular head, traceried fanlight and double panelled door. North side of nave with single window with semi-circular head and Y tracery. Chancel with 2 large C20 brick buttresses which flank a blocked window with segmental head. East end of chancel with C15 pointed window with C19 Y tracery flanked by diagonal 2 stage buttresses. South side of chancel with brick patched opening to east. Nave with single large window with semi- circular head, Y tracery, large keystone and imposts. Interior with rectangular aumbry in north wall. A single large blocked rectangular north opening, and 2 large blocked rectangular south openings, all in the chancel. 8 painted box pews with fielded panelling and hinged doors. Polygonal pulpit with reading desk and lectern, integral with south east pew and also painted grey. C18 hatchment. C18 altar rail remodelled and painted in C20. C19 ceilings. C20 altar.

Listing NGR: TF2881567874

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
435074
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/05736/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Miles. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].