STABLE RANGE NORTH OF NEWSTEAD ABBEY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1264301

Date first listed: 27-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: STABLE RANGE NORTH OF NEWSTEAD ABBEY

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE RANGE NORTH OF NEWSTEAD ABBEY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1264301 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 01:20:39.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE RANGE NORTH OF NEWSTEAD ABBEY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Gedling (District Authority)

Parish: Newstead

National Grid Reference: SK 53998 53922

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NEWSTEAD NEWSTEAD PARK SK 55 SW 1/106 Stable range north west of Newstead Abbey G.V. II

Stable range, now houses. 1862. By M. E. Hadfield for F. W. Webb. Gothic Revival style. Coursed and squared rubble with gabled and pyramidal slate roofs. Ashlar dressings. Chamfered plinth, moulded string courses, coped gables with kneelers and masks. 5 ridge, single gable, grouped ridge and 2 side wall stacks. Single storey plus attics, 5 bays. Rectangular plan with central yard. Windows are mainly double ogee lancets with square headed reveals and leaded casements. South front has buttressed gable to left, and to right, projecting gabled gatehouse with square tower in return angle. To left, 6 lancets. Gatehouse gable with Arms in panel. To right, single lancet. Above, to left, a lancet and 2 cross eaves gabled dormers. To right, tower has double lancet. Beyond, a small dormer and external stack with datestone inscribed 'WFW 1862'. Above again, tower has 4 gabled round openings and eaves band with gargoyles. Pyramidal roof with traceried bell turret and wind vane. East side has to left, gable with canted parapeted bay window. To right, large gabled dormer with round window and beast masks. Parapeted north side has 3 lancets and to right, 2 buttresses. West side has 2 gables each with a triangular window. Courtyard has to south, gatehouse gable with mullioned casement. To right, 2 hipped dormers. East and west sides have each a similar dormer. North side has 4 chamfered doorways with segmental heads.

Listing NGR: SK5399853922

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 425367

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 33 Nottinghamshire,

End of official listing