GOLEIGH MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1264342
Date first listed:
16-Mar-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Jul-1988
Statutory Address:
GOLEIGH MANOR HOUSE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1264342.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Jul-2020 at 02:40:21.

Location

Statutory Address:
GOLEIGH MANOR HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hampshire
District:
East Hampshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Colemore and Priors Dean
National Park:
SOUTH DOWNS
National Grid Reference:
SU 73470 31271

Details

COLEMORE & PRIORS DEAN COLEMORE SU 73 SW 4/6 Goleigh Manor House (formerly listed as 16.3.54 'Goleigh Farmhouse') II

House. 1479, early c19, C20. Walls of mixed materials; close-studding to the 1st floor with ironstone infill, ironstone lower walls with stone dressings, rear walls of brickwork in Monk bond, end walls of coursed and rubble malmstone with brick and stone dressings. Gabled and ½-hipped tile roof, with some tile-hung gables. A medieval timber-framed hall with crosswings, with later insertion of. fireplaces and refacing of most walls, and C20 extensions and restoration. North-east front okf 2 storeys, 1.2.1.1 windows, with tile-hung gables at each side and lower north-west (C20) side, the cladding of the lower walls in ironstone masking the former jetties of the wings. Casements. Tudor-arched doorway, approached by a flight of steps. The rear has brick walls above ironstone, with wings of malmstone; casements, C20 ground floor extension with a large glazed area. Interior: exposure of much of the framework, massive chimney-breast, and some C20 work of traditional character.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
143131
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jul 2007
Reference: IOE01/14690/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Jackson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].