FOUNTAIN ON EAST SIDE OF JUNCTION WITH AVERY FARM ROW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1265617
Date first listed:
01-Dec-1987
Statutory Address:
FOUNTAIN ON EAST SIDE OF JUNCTION WITH AVERY FARM ROW, PIMLICO ROAD SW1

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1265617.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2020 at 20:50:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
FOUNTAIN ON EAST SIDE OF JUNCTION WITH AVERY FARM ROW, PIMLICO ROAD SW1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
City of Westminster (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 28514 78524

Details

TQ 2878 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER PIMLICO ROAD, SW1 103/37 (north side) Fountain on east side of junction with Avery Farm Row GV II Fountain. Circa 1870. Portland stone, granite base, Italian Renaissance style. Square plan. Pink and grey granite base with projecting bowls now filled. Upper stage pilastered to corner with carved capitals. Shell niche to each side, lined with mosaic work incorporating inscription. Dentil cornice and key pattern frieze. Surmounted by buff terracotta urn. Inscription to east face: "In memory of Richard Second Marquess of Westminster died 1869."

Listing NGR: TQ2851478524

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
424463
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/02035/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard Hunter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].