MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1266168
Date first listed:
12-Sep-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
01-Mar-1990
Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1266168.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jan-2020 at 14:26:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Shilton
National Grid Reference:
SP2654308441

Details

SHILTON SP20NE Manor House 4/273 (previously listed as 12.9.55 Shilton House).

GV II*

Manor House. Dated F K K (Knapp family). 1678

Coursed rubble, ashlar quoins and dressings, Cotswold stone roof. Late example of traditional gabled C17 style. 2 storeys and attic; continuous string over ground and first floor from which hang the drip returns framing the windows. 2:1:2 bays; cross mullion windows with edge chamfers (mullions only to attic and to ground-floor left-hand windows). Projecting gabled tower porch and 2 attic gables with ball finials to coped verges. Ashlar end chimneys. Central mid-cl9 doorway. Interior: well stair with short landing flights, heavy turned balusters, ball- finials, made hand-rail. Three Tudor-arch fireplaces, a good one on 1st floor to west. Gabled stair-turret centre rear plus two dormer gables. Victorian service wing with some matching details to North and angled bay on ground floor.

Listing NGR: SP2654308441

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
422324
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/09055/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek Cotterill. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].