RUSLAND HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1266367
Date first listed:
18-May-1953
Statutory Address:
RUSLAND HALL

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1266367.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2020 at 22:08:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
RUSLAND HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cumbria
District:
South Lakeland (District Authority)
Parish:
Colton
National Park:
LAKE DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SD 33961 88802

Details

COLTON RUSLAND SD 38 NW 6/70 Rusland Hall 18.5.53 II

House. Late C17 or early C18 with additions of c.1850. Stuccoed stone with slate roofs. 3 storeys, 5 bays with 2-storey, 2-bay wings breaking back. Centre has top cornice and parapet; quoins. Windows have plain architraves with moulded arrises, and are sashed with glazing bars and margin lights. Entrance has Doric aedicule, the metopes of the frieze with relief sprigs and trophies; half-glazed panelled door. Wings have hipped roofs and quoins; windows have architraves, those to ground floor with friezes and consoled cornices and are sashed with glazing bars. Right return of 6 bays has central quoin strip, windows as to front, those to 2nd and 5th bays are blind, with sashed and glazed windows. 2 stone stacks with chamfered angles and similar stacks to double-gabled roof of centre. Left return similar. Rear has stair projection under catslide roof, with round-headed window. Left wing projects, right wing is recessed, with clock face. Wing to right of centre connects with former stable block. Interior has hall and landing round arches with fielded panelling that to 1st floor with fluted pilasters. Stair has column-on-vase balusters and fluted newels; fielded panelling to handrail level to wall. Some plaster cornices and details.

Listing NGR: SD3396188802

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
421775
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].