METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1267369
Date first listed:
02-Dec-1985
Statutory Address:
METHODIST CHAPEL, WASHDIKE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1267369.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Feb-2020 at 17:54:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
METHODIST CHAPEL, WASHDIKE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Friskney
National Grid Reference:
TF 47186 55762

Details

FRISKNEY WASHDIKE LANE TF 45 NE (north side) 6/50 Methodist Chapel 2.12.85 II*

Methodist chapel. 1839, late C19, C20. Red brick, some render. Hipped slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bay front with giant order corner pilasters and slightly projecting central bay. 3 steps lead up to central doorway with C20 semi-circular head and surround, fanlight and plank door. Painted plaque above doorway inscribed: 'Wesleyan Centenary Chapel 1839'. Doorway flanked by single semi-circular headed glazing bar sashes. '3 similar glazing bar sashes above, that in the centre with a C20 surround. West and east sides each with 2 glazing bar sashes on each floor, all with flush wedge painted lintels. Rendered north side with 2 small glazing bar sashes, each set nearer the outer walls. 2 semi-circular headed C19 fixed windows above with margin lights. Interior with curved, panelled gallery sweeping round 3 sides and supported on plain iron columns. Ornate late C19 reading desk platform with turned balusters and lower ornate wrought iron rail. Late C19 pews.

Listing NGR: TF4718655762

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
418922
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/06264/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Edward Jones. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].