This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1269832



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: Shropshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Stanton Lacy

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: I

Date first listed: 12-Nov-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 460375

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



SO47NE Church of St Peter 1943-1/4/101 12/11/54


Parish church. C11 to C14, restored c1850, by TH Wyatt. Rubble and dressed sandstone with ashlar detailing; plain tile roofs. Nave, chancel, north transept, south aisle, crossing tower; originally cruciform. Nave and north transept c1050; Early English tower; south aisle C14, with C19 porch. EXTERIOR: east and west walls of north transept and north wall of nave display pilaster strips in long-and-short work; blocked doorway with coved impost-blocks and roll-moulded hoodmould on long-and-short pilasters; tablet above with raised cross and enriched pilaster corbel. Exterior south wall of chancel has 2 cusped and moulded canopies, over weathered effigies; 2 plain canopies to south aisle. INTERIOR: C14 nave arcade; piscina with small ogee-headed canopy; C14 octagonal font; brass to Thomas Atkinson, 1657; tablet with arms and cherubs probably to John Thyne Armiger, 1717; tablet to Elizabeth Swanne, 1613; tablet to Samuel Newborough, 1718; carved wood figures to chancel arch.

Listing NGR: SO4954778822

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SO 49549 78826


© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1269832 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2017 at 01:39:52.

End of official listing