WAREHOUSE OCCUPIED BY BRIDON ROPES LIMITED (THE GRAIN STORE)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1270141

Date first listed: 23-Jan-1973

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Apr-1996

Statutory Address: WAREHOUSE OCCUPIED BY BRIDON ROPES LIMITED (THE GRAIN STORE), FALMOUTH DOCKS

Map

Ordnance survey map of WAREHOUSE OCCUPIED BY BRIDON ROPES LIMITED (THE GRAIN STORE)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1270141 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Nov-2018 at 15:47:52.

Location

Statutory Address: WAREHOUSE OCCUPIED BY BRIDON ROPES LIMITED (THE GRAIN STORE), FALMOUTH DOCKS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Falmouth

National Grid Reference: SW 82131 32425

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FALMOUTH

SW83SW FALMOUTH DOCKS 843-1/2/238 Warehouse occupied by Bridon Ropes 23/01/73 Ltd (The Grain Store) (Formerly Listed as: Warehouse on the Docks, occup by British Ropes Ltd and Assoc Elect Industries)

II

Warehouse. 1860-1862. Killas rubble with rock-faced granite dressings; dry Delabole slate pair of hipped roofs behind granite-coped parapet with stepped granite cornice. Large rectangular plan with 2 opposing loading bays. 4 storeys; 1-1-2-1-1 bay front and rear. Original 3-light windows with horizontal glazing bars and central-opening casements except for C20 windows to 3rd-floor rear; tiered loading doorways one bay back from either end; ledged doors and original swivelling iron pulley brackets. Segmental keyed arches over windows and over 2 ground-floor doorways at either end with windows to each floor above. Small single-storey C20 extension to rear left. INTERIOR retains original cross-beam and joist floor structures and roof structure not inspected. Dates from the improvement of the docks at Falmouth which commenced in 1860.



Listing NGR: SW8213132425

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 460052

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing