FORMER STABLES AND COACH HOUSE IMMEDIATELY NORTH EAST OF FOXHILL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1271248
Date first listed:
04-Aug-2000
Statutory Address:
FORMER STABLES AND COACH HOUSE IMMEDIATELY NORTH EAST OF FOXHILL HOUSE, WHITEKNIGHTS PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER STABLES AND COACH HOUSE IMMEDIATELY NORTH EAST OF FOXHILL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1271248 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 03:31:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER STABLES AND COACH HOUSE IMMEDIATELY NORTH EAST OF FOXHILL HOUSE, WHITEKNIGHTS PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wokingham (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Earley
National Grid Reference:
SU 73654 72365

Details

SU77SW 1921/4/10012 04-AUG-00

EARLEY WHITEKNIGHTS PARK Whiteknights Park Former stables and coach house immediately north east of Foxhill House

GV II

Stables and coach house to country house, converted into students' accommodation. 1868; by Alfred Waterhouse for his own use; extended circa 1900; converted C20. Red brick with blue brick diapering. Shaped tile roof with gabled and half-hipped ends with corbelled brick verges and eaves. Brick axial stacks with brick corbelled caps. PLAN: L-shaped on plan, built around two sides of a small courtyard with a short circa 1900 wing on the SE side and Foxhill House on the SW side. High Victorian Gothic style. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Asymmetrical elevations. The north east front has segmental arch to carriageway at centre with canted oriel in small gable above, loading door [now window] in gable to right and half dormer on left, and with later inserted windows. The NW elevation has two gables with corbelled brick strings, the right-hand half-hipped gable is the cross-gabled end of the west wing. The SW elevation faces the courtyard and has segmental arch to carriageway at centre, lower circa 1900 wing on right and main wing on left with half-hipped projection on inner face with C20 ground floor window. SE gable end has moulded brick occulus. Sash windows without glazing bars. INTERIOR not inspected.

Listing NGR: SU7365472365

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
487107
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].