PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER THE APOSTLE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1273791
Date first listed:
20-Sep-1974
Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER THE APOSTLE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER THE APOSTLE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1273791.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 17:00:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER THE APOSTLE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Thanet (District Authority)
Parish:
Broadstairs and St. Peters
National Grid Reference:
TR 38083 68451

Details

In the entry for;

CHURCH STREET TR 3868 SW 3/22 Parish Church of St Peter the Apostle 24.1.50 B the grade shall be amended to read; II* (star)

------------------------------------

CHURCH STREET 1, 5283 ST PETERS Parish Church of St Peter the Apostle TR 3868 SW 3/22 24.1.50. B

Norman arcade to Nave. The remainder is C14 to C15 but restored by Joseph Clarke between 1852 and 1859. Flint-faced with stone quoins and buttresses. Double trefoliated windows. North-West Perpendicular squat flint tower crenellated with stone quoins and gargoyles. Perpendicular South porch. 5 bay Norman Nave with North and South aisles. Piscina, sedilia and stoup.

Listing NGR: TR3808368451

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
417092
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/10577/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Lana Burgham. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].