Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1275730

Date first listed: 30-May-1972

Date of most recent amendment: 01-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: 25, JERMYN STREET SW1


Ordnance survey map of 25, JERMYN STREET SW1
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1275730 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jan-2019 at 07:53:59.


Statutory Address: 25, JERMYN STREET SW1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: City of Westminster (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 29488 80540


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TQ 2980 NW CITY OF WESTMINSTER JERMYN STREET, SW1 70/62 (North side) 30-5-72 No 25 (Formerly Nos 24 to 27 consec.) GV II Office premises. 1885-86 by John Robinson, extentions towards Nos 207-209 Piccadilly by Paul Waterhouse 1905 and reconstruction of ground and 1st floor to Jermyn Street by Michael Waterhouse, 1925. Slate roofed, stone faced building in classical and Italianate styles. 6 storeys. 4 bays wide. Giant Doric order of engaged columns unites M. Waterhouse's design of the ground and 1st floor and frames bronze doors and windows. The upper floors, by Robinson, have 3 sash windows to the right hand bay and 2 each to the remaining 3 bays, the major bays defined by pilaster with entablatures carried across each floor. The attic storey has arcaded windows and carved spandrels. Bold crowning cornice; ashlar chimney stacks with bold cornices. Included in association with Nos 207-209 Piccadilly q.v. Survey of London; vol XXIX

Listing NGR: TQ2948880540


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 407155

Legacy System: LBS


Books and journals
'Survey of London' in The Parish of St James Westminster Part 1 South of Piccadilly: Volumes 29 and 30, , Vol. 29, (1960)

End of official listing