CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1278683
Date first listed:
01-Mar-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1278683.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2020 at 15:23:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Harthill
National Grid Reference:
SJ 50071 55290

Details

SJ 55 NW HARTHILL C.P. CHURCH LANE (North Side)

6/76 Church of All Saints.

1/3/1967

GV II*

Church: dated 1609, bell turret dated 1862 when church restored and vestry added. Ashlar red and buff sandstone, Welsh slate roof, stone ridge. 5-bay nave and chancel in one range. South porch and vestry. Gabled porch has shouldered 4-centred arched entrance with inscription. RONDVLL PRICKET CHURCHWARDEN EVER SINCE 1606 UNTILL 1611 Nave bays divided by weak buttresses have rectangular mullioned windows with round-headed lights. Blocked priest's door in right end bay. East window is a 6-light mullioned and transomed window with round-headed lights, under weak label mould. West end has 2, 2-light Victorian windows and an open octagonal bell turret on the ridge with tall pyramidal stone roof. Interior: simple with hammerbeam roof with carved brackets with heraldic bosses. Simple chancel screen on 6 wooden piers has inscription "This church as builded upon the Devoc'on of the Cuntrye, by the labor and travell of Ed. Tanat, Jo. Dodd, Tho Buckley, Gra. Weston P aº 1609" but the beam on which it is painted is strictly classical in style.

Listing NGR: SJ5007155290

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
405150
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Feb 2006
Reference: IOE01/14637/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr R. A. Brierley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].