CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1280874
Date first listed:
09-Mar-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, OXCOMBE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1280874.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 17:32:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, OXCOMBE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Maidenwell
National Grid Reference:
TF 31184 77115

Details

MAIDENWELL OXCOMBE LANE TF 37 NW (south side)

7/27 Church of 9.3.67 All Saints

G.V. II

Parish church, now redundant. 1842 by W. A. Nicholson. Stock brick with limestone ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with stone coped gables and cross finial. Octagonal west tower, nave and polygonal chancel. Octagonal west tower with 8 stage buttresses. Pointed west doorway with wooden frame and plank door. Moulded eaves and parapet with recessed octagonal bell stage with 8 ogee headed cusped openings divided by 2 stage buttresses. Moulded eaves above and battlements with 8 ornate pinnacles. Ashlar corbel table runs round nave and chancel. North side of nave with 2 rectangular windows, both with 2 cusped ogee headed lights and brick hood moulds. North sides of polygonal chancel plain. East end with rectangular window with 3 cusped ogee headed lights and brick hood mould. South sides of chancel plain. South side of nave with 2 rectangular windows with 2 cusped, ogee headed lights and brick hood moulds. 3 sides of octagonal tower penetrate nave interior with pointed tower arch with continuously chamfered surround. Flattened pointed chancel arch with continuous chamfered surround. C19 pews with poppy head finials. 2 C19 box pews, one incorporating pulpit and lectern. C19 cusped, openwork altar rail. C19 octagonal font. East window with stained glass of 1914 of the empty tomb. Memorials include: one in black and white marble with orange and grey streaks, fluted pilasters, serpentine apron and small Sepulchre, to Thomas Grant, died 1810; another in grey and white marble with serpentine apron to William Grant, died 1817; another in black and white marble with fluted pilasters, urn and draperies, to Ann Grant, died 1819; another in grey and white marble with fluted urn, to John Grant, died 1799; another in grey and white marble with urn and draperies, to Ann Grant, died 1846; a black and white marble monument to Susanne Briggs, died 1847; and a white scroll on a black field to Jessy Briggs, died 1846.

Listing NGR: TF3118477115

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195911
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08376/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek E. Godson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].