THWAITE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1280944
Date first listed:
30-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
THWAITE HALL, HANBY LANE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1280944.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 31-Oct-2020 at 12:21:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
THWAITE HALL, HANBY LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Welton Le Marsh
National Grid Reference:
TF 46608 69770

Details

TF 46 NE WELTON LE MARSH off HANBY LANE (west side)

5/55 Thwaite Hall

II

Part of former Augustinian Priory, with attached cottage, now house. C14, C18 addition, with C20 alterations. Coursed squared chalk, red brick, pantile roofs, stone coped gables. 2 storey, single bay front with plinth, central planked door with pointed arched head. To left a small planked opening. To first floor a planked doorway. In the left gable a 6 glazing bar light with medieval arch over. In the brick tympanum a carved human head and datestone "WM 1739", possibly the date of the attached C18 cottage at the rear, in red brick, with pantile roof having brick coped tumbled gables and stacks. 2 storey, 3 bay front with central panelled door covered by C19 gabled wooden porch, flanked by single glazing bar sashes in wider segmental headed openings. To first floor are 3 glazing bar sashes to eaves. Interior has 2 re-used ovolo moulded girders. An Augustinian Priory was recorded here in 1440.

Listing NGR: TF4660869770

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196056
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Nov 2001
Reference: IOE01/05889/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Harris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].