GLEVERING HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1283334
Date first listed:
25-Oct-1951
Statutory Address:
GLEVERING HALL, EASTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GLEVERING HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1283334 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 21:55:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
GLEVERING HALL, EASTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Suffolk Coastal (District Authority)
Parish:
Hacheston
National Grid Reference:
TM 29822 57565

Details

TM 25 NE HACHESTON EASTON ROAD

6/105 Glevering 25.10.51 Hall

GV 11*

Mansion, now divided into 2 dwellings. 1786-94 by John White the elder, probably for Andrew Arcedeckne; enlarged 1834-5 by Decimus Burton. Grey brick, stucco bands at first floor level, moulded stucco eaves cornice; slated roof. 3 storeys. Main facade to south: 7 bays, 3:1:3; the wide centre bay is set forward with rusticated stucco work to the ground floor and coupled giant Ionic pilasters above carrying a pediment; inset sash windows with glazing bars, flat brick arches, louvred shutters to first and second floor windows; the ground floor windows originally reached to ground level but most are now altered; the centre bay has tripartite windows, with a segmental-headed window at second floor level and a wrought iron balcony to the first floor. East and west facades with 5 bays, 2:1:2, inset sash windows with glazing bars, dummy windows to the 2 southern bays, centre bay set forward with tripartite sash windows similar to south facade; west facade with porch dated 'AH 1899': paired 5-panel doors, semi-circular fanlight, paired stucco pilasters, entablature, parapet surmounted by small stone urns; east facade with a simpler porch with stone balustrade above, probably of the same date. 2 storey service wings to north in matching style. Stone staircase with good wrought iron balustrade; ground floor rooms with some good Adam style stucco decoration; one room also has painted wall panels and a panelled dado; good panelled mahogany doors with inlay.

Listing NGR: TM2982257565

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
285877
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].