VENN MILL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1283725
Date first listed:
11-Oct-1976
Statutory Address:
VENN MILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of VENN MILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1283725.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jan-2020 at 16:27:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
VENN MILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
Vale of White Horse (District Authority)
Parish:
Garford
National Grid Reference:
SU 42989 94915

Details

GARFORD SU49SW 8/84 Venn Mill 11/10/76

GV II

Mill. c.1800. Uncoursed limestone rubble; half-hipped stone slate roof. 2 storeys; 2-window range. Timber lintels over all openings. C20 casement above C20 stable doors: small door in brick surround to left. C20 double doors in right gable wall. One-storey range to left of limestone rubble with gabled old tile roof: brick one-bay front has C20 stable door. Interior noted as having original machinery. Described as "newly built" in 1808. (National Monuments Record, for complete set of drawings).

Listing NGR: SU4301594932

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
249582
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Mar 2005
Reference: IOE01/13889/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs A H Jacobs. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].