This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1287250

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHAPEL FIELDS LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wigan

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 08-Aug-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 402914

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HINDLEY CHAPEL FIELDS LANE SD 60 SW (south side) 10/83 Church of All 8.3.66 Saints - II

Church. 1766 with C20 vestry. Brick with stone dressings, pantile roof. 6-bay rectangular structure with vestry adjoining north east angle. Round-headed windows have keys and 3 pointed lights, but sills have remains, possibly of single mullions. West facade has 2-windows with 3rd,, shorter window and louvred opening above. 2 stone pinnacles and square open bell cote with domical vault. South facade has 4 windows and entrance to west with plain timber architrave, frieze and cornice and 12-panel door. Remains of inscription to frieze records original building of 1641. East facade has 5-light window and louvred opening. North facade has eastern entrance beneath window and connection with vestry. Interior: cornice and flat ceiling. West gallery on 2 iron columns has entablature with dentilled cornice and plain parapet. Galleries to sides are later; quatrefoil iron piers on high octagonal bases, entablatures with fluted friezes and dentilled cornices, plain parapets. East end has apse with organ loft to right and enclosed porch and stair to left. C19 altar rail with traceried roundels. C19 timber pulpit with arcadingand figures; 2 stalls with tracery of similar date. Octagonal timber font dated 1881 with timber relief panel of flight into Egypt behind. Wall tablets in galleries, 1800-40.

Listing NGR: SD6227804314

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SD 62278 04314

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1287250 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jun-2018 at 09:20:07.

End of official listing