CHURCH OF ST EDMUND

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1287455
Date first listed:
14-Sep-1949
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST EDMUND, CASTLE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST EDMUND
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1287455 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 18:20:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST EDMUND, CASTLE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Dudley (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SO 94647 90451

Details

In the entry for;

SO 9490 SE DUDLEY CASTLE STREET Church of St Edmund

2/3

14.9.49 B

The building shall be upgraded to II* (star)

----------------------------------------------

1. 5106 CASTLE STREET Church of St Edmund SO 9490 SE 2/3 14.9.49.

B

2. Parish Church. Circa 1724. Palladian. Red brick and stone dressings. Chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and embattled west tower. The facade has quoins, moulded stone doorcase with segmental pediment and twin niches with voluted ornaments above. Similar stone doorcases to aisles at right and left-hand sides with catherine-wheel windows in architraves above. The aisle windows are semi-circular headed in moulded stone architraves. Plain brick pilasters at sides. Parapet throughout. Interior, which was altered circa 1864, has early Cl8 pews, pulpit and panelled gallery.

Listing NGR: SO9464790451

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
217926
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Nov 1999
Reference: IOE01/00942/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Colin Cundy. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].