CHURCH OF ST ANNE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1288174
Date first listed:
30-Aug-1984
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANNE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1288174.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 21:09:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANNE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Tideswell
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK1413773329

Details

SK 17 SW PARISH OF TIDESWELL MILLERS DALE 5/35 CHURCH OF ST ANNE

GV II

Church. Dated 1879. Coursed squared rubble limestone with gritstone dressings, coped gables and Welsh slates. Square tower to west side of pitched roofed nave. Of two stages without buttresses, and with pointed arched west doorway beneath hoodmould which continues as a stringcourse. Trefoil headed lancets flank clock face on south wall bearing date of 1879, and above, 2-light belfry windows with ogee heads to lights beneath pointed arch with hoodmould. Embattled parapet to tower rises from moulded stringcourse. Three bay nave to east with perp style south window of 4-lights beneath hoodmould with carved stops. Stepped diagonal buttresses to south east corner. Blind trefoil headed niche above south window and ogee headed niche below. East windows are flat headed and of 3-lights beneath stepped hoodmoulds, and echo the tracery of the chancel of St John the Baptist, Tideswell. Bays separated by stepped buttresses.

Listing NGR: SK1413773329

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
400369
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01705/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr CA Packham. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].