PARISH CHURCH (CHAPEL)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1292305
Date first listed:
18-Jun-1959
Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH (CHAPEL)

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH (CHAPEL)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1292305.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Feb-2020 at 15:41:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH (CHAPEL)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Chetwynd Aston and Woodcote
National Grid Reference:
SJ 76762 15415

Details

WOODCOTE WOODCOTE 1. 5362 Parish Church (Chapel)

SJ 71NE 25/618 18.6.59

II* GV

2. Dedication unknown small sandstone ashlar chapel with tiled roof with gabled ends and coved eaves. Single cell with nave and chancel in one. Late C12 south doorway with 2 orders of shafts with shaft-rings, crocket capitals and arch with one keeled order. Later and restored 2-light square windows. Angle buttresses at the corners with set-offs. Perpendicular east window. Circa C18 octagonal wooden bellcote with lead cupola over west end. Interior: king-post roof with angle struts. Arch-braced over chancel. Monuments: series of wall tablets to the Cotes family and inscribed tomb slab with knight and wife, probably Humphrey Cotes 1485. C17 communion rail with balusters. C18 pulpit, polygonal with fielded panels. C19 pews incorporating C18 and some C17 panelling. Some C18 headstones in churchyard.

Listing NGR: SJ7676215415

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
362474
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/09960/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr B. A. James. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].