CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1292622
Date first listed:
18-Jun-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1292622.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 10:44:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Preston upon the Weald Moors
National Grid Reference:
SJ 68090 15388

Details

PRESTON-ON-THE-WEALD MOORS Church of St Lawrence 1. 5362

SJ 61NE 23/523 18.6.59

II GV

2. Built in 1739. Small red brick Georgian church with stone dressings. Tiled roof with moulded eaves cornice. Round-arched nave windows with keyblocks, imposts and moulded cills. Three stage west tower with round-arched openings, brick corner pilasters, stone string courses and moulded stone round-arched west doorway. The top stage of the tower is C19 brick. Small chancel of 1853, brick with stone lancets. Said to contain original panelling and benches. Some C18 headstones in the churchyard.

Listing NGR: SJ6809015388

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
362376
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jan 2005
Reference: IOE01/13646/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Langford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].