CHURCH OF ST JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1294484

Date first listed: 29-Oct-1976

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JAMES, ST JAMES ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1294484 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jan-2019 at 18:14:26.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JAMES, ST JAMES ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Croydon (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 32667 66451

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5009 ST JAMES ROAD

Church of St James TQ 36 NW 2/28 29.10.76

II*

2. 1829, by Robert Wallace, a Gothic Commissioners' church in gault brick with freestone dressings. Narrow lancets and slim tower. Chancel rebuilt in Decorated style 1881 by the designs of Charles Henman Junior. Reredos by Henman, 4 mural tablets to soldiers of East India Company, whose Academy at Addiscombe used this church until 1860.

Listing NGR: TQ3266766451

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 201238

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing