HEADMASTER'S HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1294785

Date first listed: 07-Sep-1951

Statutory Address: HEADMASTER'S HOUSE

Statutory Address: HEADMASTER'S HOUSE, ROOKERY HIL

Map

Ordnance survey map of HEADMASTER'S HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1294785 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 13:33:08.

Location

Statutory Address: HEADMASTER'S HOUSE

Statutory Address: HEADMASTER'S HOUSE, ROOKERY HIL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 19552 58266

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ASHTEAD ASHTEAD PARK TQ 1857-1957 7/12 7.9.51 Headmaster's House

II

House. Dated 1734 on sundial at 1st floor; altered. Handmade red brick in Flemish bond, slate roof. Rectangular plan. Two storeys and 2:3:2 bays, symmetrical, with a 3-course band. The centre, breaking forwards slightly, has corner pilasters to the ground floor only, a square single-storey porch which has a reeded surround to the doorway, a recessed door with glazed top panels, and a hipped roof; the ground floor has segmental-headed cross-windows with casement openings and internal saddle-bars, but that to the right of the centre has been blocked (only the head visible) and the next slightly altered; the 1st floor has 3 square blind windows in the centre, the middle one covered by a large rectangular sundial with modern painted lettering including the date "1734", and 2-light casements in the side ranges. Hipped roof with ridge chimney offset left of centre, and side-wall chimney at right-hand end. At the left end an added screen wall continues flush with the front wall, and behind this is an earlier screen wall ramped up to the eaves. Rear and interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: TQ1955258266

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 290394

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing