CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1295028

Date first listed: 01-Jan-1968

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1295028 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Mar-2019 at 04:59:37.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Melton (District Authority)

Parish: Belvoir

National Grid Reference: SK 83840 31774

Details

SK 8231-8331 BELVOIR Harston

44/203 Church of St Michael and All Angels 1.1.68 II*

Parish church. Late C14 west tower, nave 1888, chancel and south chapel 1871 by C. Kirk. Coursed ironstone and slate roofs. 3 stage tower supported on angle buttresses. Lancet west window ,single light to ringing chamber and 2-light belfry windows, all C19. String course below belfry and below crenellated parapet. Gabled south porch of 1888 and 2 2-light south windows in late Flowing style, each separated by stepped buttresses. 4 similar north window bays. 3 lancets to north chancel, one to south. South chapel impinges on nave and is similarly lit though lancets. 3 stepped lancets to east end. Interior. Octagonal traceried font, the stem C15, the bowl 1888. Triple chamfered tower arch on corbels. C19 scissor braced nave roof with 5 subsidiary arched braces on corbels. Chancel arch with Early English circular responds on waterholding bases and with moulded capitals. To either side are hollow chamfer mouldings. The arch itself has undercut mouldings. Chancel roof is a simpler version of that to nave: it has no arched braces. Windows of chancel shafted in interior. Chapel with 3-bay arcade of double columns arranged as a screen. Mid C17 panelled pulpit, of which 3 sides only remain. In porch stands an interlace Saxon stone with cable border.

Listing NGR: SK8384031774

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 190025

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing