CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1295209

Date first listed: 31-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, BARDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1295209 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Mar-2019 at 06:16:13.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PETER, BARDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: North West Leicestershire (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 44966 12572

Details

SK 41 SW COALVILLE BARDON ROAD

(north side) 3/3 Bardon

Church of St Peter

II

Church, 1898 by J B Everard, of Charnwood granite rubble with ashlar dressings and Swithland slate roofs. Gothic Revival, using Early English and Geometrical motifs. Nave and chancel in one, SW porch, 2 S chapels with coped gables, N vestry and N aisle, NW tower with saddleback roof and fleche, twin bell-openings, cusped oculi in gables and stair turret in the form of a buttress. Low W narthex with lean-to roof. Triple cusped lancets in arched recesses to nave, windows to chancel with "Geometrical" tracery - 3 light E window and spherical triangles to N and S. Built as a memorial to Mr and Mrs Breedon Everard.

Listing NGR: SK4496612572

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 187868

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing